The Loving Heart Scholarship is a personal honorarium awarded from the owners of The Salon Professional Academy in Fargo, ND out of respect and devotion for their loving mother, Bonnie Ellingson, who passed away in 2013. Current TSPA-Fargo students are not eligible to apply as this scholarship is intended entirely for new students interested in a career in Cosmetology (Full or Part Time).
Two equal awards of $2500 of the Loving Heart Scholarship are awarded to two enrolling students annually from January 1 to December 31 in the months of April and October. A complete application must be submitted to The Academy Financial Aid Office by one of two deadlines: March 15 for the April award and September 15 for the October award. Awarded scholarship funds can be applied to any Cosmetology start date for 12 months after notification of selection. Awards will be determined by a panel of two Academy administrators and one industry consultant by the highest category GPA; the quality /content of the letter(s) of referral / recommendation; and the required completed essay or video. Total annual scholarship awards will not exceed $5000. If no applications for the scholarship are submitted the allocated funds will be forfeited with no rollover of funds into the next round of applicants.
Prospective Student must provide to The Academy in ONE submission by the deadline dates above:
- Two letters of recommendation outlining your strengths and why you would be a good candidate for the scholarship. Letters must be on company letterhead and can be from a career counselor, employer, or community leader. Letters can include examples of situations describing your work ethic, your people skills, your ability to multi-task or to complete job responsibilities, or attendance performance.
- High School or Post-Secondary Transcripts showing a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Essay of 100 words or more or a video of at least three minutes in length addressing the following question:
“What positive people and situations in my life have impacted me to seek a career in Cosmetology?”
Essay or video will be rated based on the following criteria:
- 100 typed words or more or at least a three minute video
- 10% professionalism of the essay or video
- 20% articulation of thought in the fewest number of words
- 70% content of the essay or video question
- Scholarships recipients will be informed, in writing, of the results of their scholarship application.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- If the student fails to start classes within 12 months after funds are awarded the scholarship offer becomes void.
- All awarded TSPA scholarships must be applied to the student’s tuition cost.
- All awarded TSPA scholarships are non-transferrable and there is no cash allocation for this scholarship.
Application of Awards:
- The awarded Scholarship(s) will be divided between four equal disbursements of $625 applied at the following increments: the first portion of the total award ($625) will be applied at 30 days of attendance, the second at 451 earned hours, the third at 901 hours and the fourth at 1351 hours. Students who are not meeting SAP as determined by TSPA policy at the time of any of the four disbursement points will forfeit all future disbursements.
- There will be no cash allocation received for this Scholarship at any time, including in the event of a withdrawal or termination from The Academy. In the event of a student’s withdrawal or termination from the program /course of study, only the earned portion of the Scholarship will be applied to the Academy Refund Worksheet calculation as part of “paid tuition” as no part of this Scholarship can be redeemed or refunded as cash.
The scholarship form must be submitted with all applicable documents.