Diverse Career Opportunities For Cosmetologists
Do you have a passion for makeup and advanced skin care? Do you like to jazz up your friends nails? Are you always following the latest hair trends? If beauty is your passion, you might want to pursue it as a career. Becoming a Cosmetologist brings you employment opportunities in three different fields, which is a big plus when entering today’s job market.
Imagine how much you will enjoy helping your clients look and feel great as a career, and the job security that comes with it!
What does a Cosmetologist actually do?
You might be wondering what cosmetologists do? It is a common misconception that cosmetologists only work on hair. Cosmetologists are actually qualified to do skin, hair and nail services, which means that a licensed cosmetologist can provide a wide range of services in the beauty industry. These services range from facials to haircuts to manicures, and everything in between.
One of the best parts of becoming a cosmetologist is the broad range of skills you learn. If you’re someone who’s passionate about skin care and makeup you can follow that path. If hair is your thing, you can become a hairstylist as a cosmetologist. If you only want to focus on nails, you can become a cosmetologist who provides manicures and pedicures. In fact, many Cosmetologists perform services in all 3 areas. Which career path is best for you?
Helping others achieve beautiful, glowing skin is something a cosmetologist can do. Would you like to focus on skin care and how to achieve glowing skin for your clients? Licensed cosmetologists can apply:
- Body Wraps
- Exfoliating Scrubs
Have you ever dreamed of becoming a hairstylist? If hair color, perms, cuts and styling are your passion, becoming a cosmetologist is your path. Some services a cosmetologist could perform are:
- Chemical Treatments
- Hair Straightening
Do you love the appearance of freshly manicured nails, or classy nail art? As a Cosmetologist you will learn to perform the following nail services:
- Gel Nails
- Acrylic Nails
- Silk Nails
In addition to hair, skin and nail services training, you will also learn business skills which will help you succeed in the ever expanding beauty industry. While many industries like retail stores are closing and shifting to internet based services, the beauty services industry continues to grow and offer great job security. In our community there is a high demand for Cosmetologists, and will be for many years to come.
Additional Career Opportunities Outside The Salon & Spa
- Entertain: Actors, actresses, models and celebrities wouldn’t be where they are without their teams helping them maintain their look! Skilled cosmetologists are in demand across the entertainment industry.
- Teach: Share your passion for hair and beauty by becoming a beauty school educator!
- Travel: Take your skills on the road in your own mobile hair salon or as a stylist on a cruise ship!
- Sell: Work for leading companies like REDKEN, L’Oréal, and Revlon after you learn the business in cosmetology school!
- Write: Write blogs and articles on new products, tools, and techniques for major beauty companies.
- Heal: Help people with chronic illness by becoming a beauty consultant to hospitals and treatment centers.
- Style: Work behind the scenes in the exciting worlds of fashion shows, photo shoots, and television shows!
- Become a REDKEN Artist.
- Be your own boss by renting a styling/spa suite or booth. You can set your own hours, prices, etc…