These recommendations are aimed at helping slow the virus’ spread and keep our most high-risk populations safe:
- Listen to and follow the directions of your state and local authorities.
- If you feel sick, stay home. Do not go to work. Contact your medical provider.
- If your children are sick, keep them at home. Contact your medical provider.
- If someone in your household has tested positive for the Coronavirus, keep the entire household at home.
- If you are an older American, stay home and away from other people.
- If you are a person with a serious underlying health condition—such as a significant heart or lung problem—stay home and away from other people.
Americans should continue practicing strict personal hygiene, including washing hands regularly for at least 20 seconds at a time, covering your cough into your elbow, and wiping down surfaces in the home, the car and at work often.
For more information go to Coronavirus.gov.